- This event has passed.
Consent Management Basics – Session 1 of 3
August 4, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Series Title: Behavioral Health Information Consent Management—Using a new CRISP Resource to Improve Patient Care
Series Description: In July 2022, CRISP DC and DHCF released a consent management solution to enable the compliant electronic exchange of behavioral health information, including substance use disorder (SUD) data protected by 42 CFR Part II, through the CRISP HIE. When a patient completes an authorization, their data is shared with treating providers through the HIE. This series will review the basics of consent management and its importance, how to talk to your patients about consent, a demonstration of the consent management tool, and will feature a practice that has piloted the tool to discuss workflows and lessons learned.
Description: This session will feature an overview of the importance of gaining permission to release information to enhance care coordination. We will focus on consent management, how to talk with your patients about consent, the basics of 42 CFR Part 2, myth-busting, use cases, and FAQs. We will introduce CRISP DC’s Consent Management tool, including a history of its development, gaps it will address, and key features.
- Explain the importance of access to SUD treatment information for care coordination and management of patient care
- Outline considerations for talking to patients about consent and its importance to their health care
- Define 42 CFR Part 2 and its relevance to sharing SUD data
- Describe the Consent Management tool developed by CRISP DC and how it addresses prior barriers to obtaining consent and sharing SUD treatment information
Content Level: Foundational
Target Audience: DC Primary Care and Behavioral Health providers, practice administrators, care managers.
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion & CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1.0 AMA Level 1.0 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible