- This event has passed.
Harm Reduction Series Session 1: Harm Reduction Strategies
April 13 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Description: Health Management Associates invites you to join us for a lunch and learn workshop to learn more about Harm Reduction Strategies. This webinar will review basic information on Harm Reduction Strategies and the impact of changing attitudes regarding harm reduction interventions.
This engaging and experiential convening will:
- Outline overdose data in DC
- Provide an overview of Harm Reduction, principles, and strategies.
- Describe local Harm Reduction strategies/ providers/CBOs in DC
- Discuss the need to distribute harm reduction materials and education to reduce overdose deaths in the District.
- Relate key demographics related to SUD deaths in DC
- Define Harm Reduction
- Describe three Harm Reduction strategies
- State the importance of harm reduction for individuals and families suffering from SUD
Content Level: Foundational
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion and CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1.0 AMA Level 1.0 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible