It’s a Matter of Context and Compassion: Utilizing Contextualism to Promote Engagement and Health Behavioral Change
October 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Description: The session will address the realities of health behavioral change and subsequent adherence in integrated, primary care settings, and key lifestyle interventions and recommendations that transcend many evidence-based guidelines for chronic conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, etc.). The session will discuss the importance of filtering evidence-based medicine guidelines through the prism of contextual and compassionate healthcare to increase the probability of patients embracing and implement such interventions.
- Identify common lifestyle interventions recommended for many chronic conditions
- Describe common reasons adherence rates for lifestyle interventions remain low.
- Identify how to compassionately filter evidence-based lifestyle interventions through the patient’s context.
Target Audience: Behavioral health providers practicing in primary care settings
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion & CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2022. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1.0 AMA Level 1.0 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible