Making Brief Interventions Radical: Infusing focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Integrated Primary Care
September 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Description: Join this webinar to discuss the concept of functional contextualism and the impact this philosophy has on the therapeutic orientation of focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (fACT). Specifically, the session will present fACT concepts such as the Contextual Interview, philosophical underpinnings and influences of psychological flexibility. The session will also cover the philosophy of functional contextualism/fACT fits well within the Primary Care Behavioral Health philosophy.
- Describe how functional contextualism/fACT fits harmoniously within the PCBH context.
- Complete fACT related interviewing via the Contextual Interview.
- Explain how functional contextualism can be implemented with common primary care problems, including medical, behavioral, and psychological concerns.
Target Audience: Behavioral health providers practicing in primary care settings
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion & CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2022. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1.0 AMA Level 1.0 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible