- This event has passed.
Help! We’re so Short Staffed: Best Practices for Hiring and Retaining Your Workforce
May 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Description: This will be a roundtable event. Suzanne Daub, LCSW and Kima Taylor, MD, MPH will facilitate a conversation amongst DC providers to talk about strategies they have used, what has been more or less effective. Suzanne and Kima will share conversationally what they have seen in other places. But the conversation is grounded in organizations talking amongst one another with thoughts and solutions grounded in the Washington DC policy, regulatory and health care, including Covid-19 realities.
Target Audience: The target audience is Administrative – Management, Human Resource Professionals, Payers
- Explore strategies to recruit, hire and retain a diverse workforce in the District of Columbia during and after Covid exacerbations
- Describe lessons learned and innovative strategies used by experts in the District and elsewhere.
- Share successful strategies and challenges that you have experienced with other healthcare providers in the District
Content Level: Moderate
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion and CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1.0 AMA Level 1.0 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible
Speakers: Kima Taylor, MD, MPH and Suzanne Daub, LCSW (HMA), Valerie D. Orellana RN, MS, System Vice President, Human Resources, Mount Sinai Health System, Dr. Mary Awuonda Associate Professor of Howard University, and Dean Mashonda Smith of UDC