- This event has passed.
Providers Responsibility in Managing Medical Conditions: Making Clinical Improvements & Meeting Quality Metrics
May 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Description: What’s the link between pay for performance and healthy eating on a budget? What about the link between quality metrics and understanding nutrition labels? These are all related topics that providers and practices address every day! Care teams work 1:1 with patients to better manage their chronic diseases while at the same time, measuring and reporting outcomes that are related to payments and incentives. During this webinar, we will make the connection between patient engagement strategies and meeting quality metrics! This webinar is designed for ALL AUDIENCES as everyone has a role in providing high-quality care- from the exam room to the boardroom.
Prior to the webinar, we invite you to view this short video “Bites on a Budget” created by HMA Senior Associate, Brandin Bowden, MSc., as he attempts to build a healthy dinner for under $5. In this #HealthyDinnerChallenge, Brandin puts on his nutrition educator hat to share healthful tips to help your patients and clients navigate the grocery store, increase nutrient intake and promote comfort in the kitchen.
- Define three quality metrics that are used in primary care or behavioral health settings.
- Explain how the conversations care team members have with patients can impact quality measures.
- Provide three examples of phrases or guidance providers can give to patients to help patients manage their chronic disease(s).
- Introduce 3 evidence-based nutrition interventions that have improved health outcomes
Content Level: Moderate
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion and CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 1 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1 AMA Level 1 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible
Facilitator: Jean Glossa, MD, MBA, FACP (HMA)