Facilitator: Jean Glossa, MD, MBA, FACP
- DCHF Representatives:
- Erin Holve, Director of Health Care Reform and Innovation Administration
- Eduarda Koch, Health IT Project Manager
- Gerald Wilson, Dir Division of Program Integrity, DHCF
- Provider Showcase & Panel Discussion:
- Dr. Zarfishan Zahid, Director of Clinical Operations, Medical Home Development Group
- Carrie Ojo, Director of Population Health, So Others Might Eat (SOME)
- Dr. Neal Sikka; GWU Professor of Emergency Medicine; Director, Innovative Practice and Telehealth Section; Chief, Innovative Practice & Telemedicine Section, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Melissa Long, Pediatrician, Children’s Health Center at Children’s National Hospital; Assistant professor, GWU School of Medicine & Health Sciences; Director, DC Mental Health Access in Pediatrics (DC MAP); DC MAP program
Description: This interactive virtual workshop is part one of a two-part series to support providers ongoing efforts to implement and sustain innovative models of telehealth following the COVID-19 public health emergency. Attendees will hear updates on telehealth policies and documentation standards, and will learn about four models in place among District Medicaid providers aimed at increasing the effectiveness of telehealth for integrated care. Specific approaches for serving people experiencing homelessness; increasing patient familiarity with technology; using peer consultation in primary care and addressing opioid use disorder will be discussed.
To set the stage for the second half of the workshop, HMA will review the comprehensive telehealth assessment tool which attendees will have an opportunity to complete after the session. This feedback will be used to support focused workgroup discussions in September. Continuing medical education (CME) credit application and approval are pending.
Specific District models will include:
- Improving access to care with the implementation of patient kiosks-Carrie Ojo, SOME
- Supporting patients’ use of digital health technologies to improve access – Dr. Sikka, GW Telehealth
- Connecting pediatric primary care providers with tele-mental health consultations- Dr. Long; DC MAP
- Using technology to address the treatment of complex conditions including SUD- Dr. Zahid, Medical Home Development Group
Target Audience: DC Medicaid providers and care teams interested in scaling up or refining their telehealth programs and learning about eConsult.
- Learn about Medicaid coverage updates, expectations for documentation post-PHE, and potential opportunities to expand support for digital health among Medicaid providers.
- Learn about 4 different telehealth models currently in place across District Medicaid providers, and discuss workflow and sustainability considerations for each.
- Solicit feedback from participants on their current uses of telehealth/eConsult and any barriers for expansion.
- Review the Telehealth Assessment tool and discuss goals for Part II of the workshop.
The previously recorded webinar and associated materials are available in the resource library.