- This event has passed.
Harm Reduction Series Session 2: Strategies To Save A Life & How To Use Them In Integrated Care Settings
May 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Description: Health Management Associates invites you to join us for a lunch and learn workshop to learn more about Overdose Prevention and how to save a life in DC. In this interactive lunch and learn we will discuss DC’s Naloxone Distribution Program and the organizations currently providing Naloxone and provide:
- an overview of DC’s Standing Order and Samaritan Law
- an overview of the uses of opioids
- information on how naloxone stops an overdose and provide information on the action steps to take to save a life and stop an overdose.
- Where and how individuals can access naloxone, syringe services, and fentanyl test strips in DC
- Learn about DC Standing Order and Samaritan Law
- Learn more about opioid uses
- Understand what naloxone is and how it works
- Recognize and respond to an opioid overdose
- Understand where and how individuals can access naloxone, syringe services and fentanyl test strips in DC
Content Level: Foundational
Audience: Providers, Administrative Staff, Community Workers, and Personal Care Aides
Course Interaction & System Requirements: This live webinar is fully interactive. Attendees may ask and answer questions throughout the presentation and participate in instructor-led discussions.
Course Completion and CE Requirements:
Health Management Associates, #1780, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Health Management Associates maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 09/22/2021 – 09/22/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credit.
To earn CE credit, social workers must log in at the scheduled time, attend the entire course and complete an online course evaluation. To verify your attendance, please be sure to log in from an individual account and link your participant ID to your audio.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. This session is approved by AAFP for up to 1.0 AMA Level 1.0 CME credit.
Certificates of completion will be emailed within 10-12 business days of course completion.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, high-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible